Monday, January 30, 2012

4 Weeks Later

What could I say that I haven't already said a hundred times already? If only I could have you back here with me... and for your Daddy to be able to hold his baby girl and know that he would protect her for all her years to come. To know that I would have prepared her for her own fair share of heartaches while she was growing up. Making sure to warn her of how insecure life really is and how accidents happen, mistakes can't always be erased, and my love will never change regardless of either one that may arise in her life. To hold her and tell her that life is too short and to never take one day for granted... even when Mommy and Daddy disappoint her or make her mad, that she'd better huff and puff with a smile knowing that we did it out of love! ♥ I know I those moments were stolen from me here on earth but when I get where I'm going... I will make it all known to you sweet girl.

Your Daddy is every bit your Daddy and Mommy was in no way perfect at times... But we loved you with every single ounce of adoration that we ever knew how to hold in our hearts. We had no idea our time with you would be so brief, but we didn't take one minute for granted.... everywhere we went we were sure to show you off, talk about you to everyone and anyone who'd listen, took photos of you every week (even a 4D at 16 weeks), documented every flutter or bubble in my pregnancy journal, and sang to you daily so to prepare you to be my lil' Diva! LOL! We soaked you up and were always so happy because you were here with us.

You see, my baby Molli, even Daddy had gotten to where he would hold my belly so to say "hi" to you... Did you know he would kiss you and sing to you too? He had gotten to where he would text me and ask Mommy "How's my girls?" And some days, he would drive all the way to Mommy just to bring her lunch for you. He had so much love in his heart for you that he never knew he could love someone he had never met as much as he already loved your Mommy. You know how much I love you because I tell you so terribly often, but I wanted you to know just how much you are loved by the Daddy here on earth that was left behind. He didn't get to bond with you like I did and it upsets him too. He didn't get to hold you or feel you kick... He was robbed of those moments, you see? His baby girl of only 16.2 weeks who he looked forward to seeing on that ultrasound screen at each appointment was now an angel in heaven and he didn't even get to hold her first!? It has been really hard on Daddy and he hides it from Mommy sometimes because, well, he's a Daddy. ♥

It's been 4 weeks baby girl. I hope you're settling in wonderfully up there regardless of the heartache left behind down here. You were meant to be... God makes no mistakes, man does! Mommy and you were failed by Mommy's doctors... I'm so sorry angel! I will make sure that your Sister is not given the same poor medical attention. She will be safe with Mommy and Daddy (just as you were) so tell her to get really excited because you would have loved to have been here with us instead, and would gladly take her place just so that you could have met your parents who waited so many years to see your precious face. One sweet day...

We love you baby girl!
♥ Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment