So Strong
They say I'm strong
Never bending in the wind
They couldn't be more wrong
... Tears hidden again and again
I'm fragile and I'm broken
There's a story there to tell
Always left praying and hoping
Fearing I'll ultimately fail
The woman I was back then
She's so different nowadays
Her life had only started to begin
Heartache etched into every page
So strong, I am not
I count every breath
Her Mother cries a lot
Lean on me but please don't press
I could shatter at any moment
At the mention of her name
Lingering in the silence, I wince
Remembering the silhouette of her face
Some days, I'm ok
Others, I barely get by
"She's so strong," they say
Imagine, my broken lullaby
By: Ashley Ruebin
They say I'm strong
Never bending in the wind
They couldn't be more wrong
... Tears hidden again and again
I'm fragile and I'm broken
There's a story there to tell
Always left praying and hoping
Fearing I'll ultimately fail
The woman I was back then
She's so different nowadays
Her life had only started to begin
Heartache etched into every page
So strong, I am not
I count every breath
Her Mother cries a lot
Lean on me but please don't press
I could shatter at any moment
At the mention of her name
Lingering in the silence, I wince
Remembering the silhouette of her face
Some days, I'm ok
Others, I barely get by
"She's so strong," they say
Imagine, my broken lullaby

No comments:
Post a Comment